Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Crafty

I am a crafter at heart, the sad part is that you probably don't know this; because I have nothing to show for this. I don't have my genius creations around my house, because they simply don't exist. They only exist in my mind. Does that count for something?? The only time I create anything is with the kids or for the kids, in the form of PJ pants, I am good at those. This summer I will have a house full of kids, and if there is one thing I know about kids, it is that a bored child is an unhappy child. So my job is to keep them as occupied as possible. I have been on the search for crafts for us to do. My goal is a craft, or project a day.
I've added a few links to a few of my favorite kids crafty websites. And let me tell you these Mom's are amazing, the things that they have come up with, well they are my hero's. I could spend hours on their web sites. So I hope you will enjoy them, too! Happy crafting!

4 comments:

Burk Family said...

I didn't catch my picture on the "best friends ever" page in your scrapbook. Must have missed it...(wink)
I gave up on scrapbooking long ago because it seemed like more of a burden than an enjoyment. Then I'd feel guilty not keeping it up. I figure as long as I'm taking pictures and keeping journal(s) (Is that three now??) than I'm doing okay. Don't stress over it but they sure are so cute. And I think you are crafty. You always have cute ideas and did some good ones with our little achievement day girls!

Julee said...

WOW!!! Cute websites!!! I'll have to steal some ideas!!! Ashley you are totally crafty, not to mention the best enterior designest(is that a word?)!!!

Unknown said...

Some day when I am old and grey (let me clarify- when the kids are out of the house)every present that I give will be crafted with love. Who the heck has time to do fun stuff like that right now? And Ash- your whole house is proof of your craftiness!!

Megan said...

I just found your site. Thanks for the nice comments and for including a link to my blog. I have 3 small children who do a LOT of fighting if I don't have projects now and then to keep them occupied. I started my blog thinking it would be about my crafty endeavors, but the truth of my life is KIDS and the things I do with them. I faced up to it and realized there are a lot of other people in the same boat looking for the same kind of inspiration, so now I focus my blog on kid-projects and throw in my own when I have a chance. Here's to your crafty endeavors, for family or self!