Friday, May 2, 2008

Banana Cream Pie Oh my


My big sis has become quite the chef, since she got married. To be honest with you I didn't even know she could cook. But she can, she is always telling me about these great recipes that shes trying out. When I stayed with her for a week in March she was cooking up a storm. She made pot roast, taco salad, the most yummy steak and chicken. Her thing is to try out new recipes, she has a ton of beautiful cook books.
So I thought I would try to be cool like her and actually bake something. Which is dangerous, every time I bake I always burn myself, and I have the scars to prove it. But anyways I was craving banana cream pie, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It turned out pretty good. I made the whole thing from scratch, it took me all day, but it was fun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

nikki said...

Ah domesticity! Was it tasty? It looks super good. I'm thinkin' you're a great cook, just probably really humble. Hey - I know from experience! I've eaten the goods, remember? :)

amb said...

yummy!! and for the record, i'm not even close to a chef (and i totally know what you mean about the hazards-- i completely grated the tip of my right pointer finger right off when i was grating cucumbers for some tazikiki sauce for my greek style lamb burgers-- it hurts so bad still! i think the top of my finger is going to be forever flat!).
you're a great cook, ash! and it looks like a delightful baker-- i haven't tried any cream pies lately (if you don't count those cheesy pudding ones) but you've inspired me! love you!