Monday, November 22, 2010

My Christmas Advent



I love the holiday season. It is such a magical month! Its the season of giving, caring, sharing, loving, and believing. To help my family remember the reason for the season I've put together an advent calendar to help us celebrate everyday.

My idea is each morning or evening they can take turns opening that days "to do" advent. I also have put a piece of candy in each day.

Here is our list of mini adventures for this special month:

Bake and decorate cookies
Paint an ornament
Drink hot cocoa and read Polar Express
Play secret Santa, and do something nice for someone
Read the story of baby Jesus in Luke, and act out Nativity
Watch the movie, The Nativity
Play a Christmas game
Watch your favorite Christmas movie
Decorate the Christmas tree
Go look at lights in the neighborhood
Go to the temple to see the lights and the nativity
Sing Christmas songs
Make tags to go on presents
Wrap presents
Have breakfast for dinner
Have a picnic dinner
Play in the snow
Christmas church party
Make someone a gift (sibling, grandparent, teacher...)
Christmas shopping
Deliver goodies to neighbors
Sleep under the Christmas tree
Put out cookies and a carrot for Rudolf

What is your favorite thing to do this month?

3 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

Ashley! I am SO HAPPY you did this post- I was trying to find an advent activity list & now I have one! :) I printed off your list..thanks!

Robyn said...

I love this! How fun to sleep under the Christmas tree!
We always re-enact the nativity & go caroling with the grandparents (my mom & dad). This year they are in Africa on a mission so I was thinking of having every family sing their favorite song and record it so they can still have a piece of home for the holidays.

JaMie HeApS said...

love you list ashley, im adding sleep under the xmas tree to mine!