Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Ethan has been begging me to make him a gecko costume forever. So finally I did. It was super silly easy. I just made green pajama pants and matching green gloves and tail, and cut a ping pong ball in half for his eyes. He loved it! He slept in it for two nights! I was worried he was going to wear it under his church clothes!
The boys handed out candy to the "trick or treaters". They enjoyed seeing all of their friends dressed up. And were really good sports about not "trick or treating" themselves.

On Saturday night we went to our wards "trunk or treat". Hayden was Skeletor, Libby was a cheerleader. Libby's costume was vintage. I actually wore that when I was her age!





This was my first attempt at sewing a skirt for lil' Libbs. I should have used a pattern put what the heck, I winged it. I was happy with the way it turned out considering it was my first. There is a little ruffle around the bottom with ric rac trim peeking through at the hem. (Notice this picture is not a close up!) Her whole outfit was under five dollars!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashley her outfit is soo cute! You need to give me lessons. :)

Jer and Cam said...

Let's talk about that matching headband, SO cute! You are amazingly creative. I love Ethan's costume, Jake would have loved to have been a Gecko. Really clever!

Sarah said...

I noticed the headband too! I want to look at all of those cute headbands you have and copy some for me and my girls they are adorable. And I'm so impressed with you being able to wing it so well her outfit looks amazing!