Sunday, November 21, 2010

Back Seat Talk

Yesterday while driving I heard Ethan whispering to Libby. He said softly "You are my very best friend... You know where it says that? It says it right here on my heart."

Talk about pulling on my heart strings. I literally got a tear in my eye. There are small moments like these when it makes my whole life seem worthwhile.

So I said to Ethan, "oh Ethan that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. It says that on my heart too."

Ethan then pauses. "Mom," in that tone that only a true tweener has, "they say that on Zach and Cody." (which if you don't know is a really stupid show they like to watch, and that I now hate even more!) Then he laughs. At. Me.

Oh. Dang. Of course it is. Silly me.

It was really funny. I laugh about it every time I think of it.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Too funny...I love how kids both brighten and enlighten our lives.