Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tot Swimming Lessons

Hayden was so excited to finally wear his new swim shorts and shirt. Even though he wasn't planning on getting in the water, he had to wear his swim suit, because I was.
Payson resting up for his big swim lessons, with the remains of his healthy snack, or as we call it the energy snack to help with kicking!
Posted by Picasa
We were super excited to finally break out the swimming suits today. The weather has been so mild. Don't get me wrong I am loving the weather, but it just seems weird. Last year at this time we had already been going out to the lake for over a month.
Today Payson and I started the tot swimming lessons. I was a little unsure of how Payson would do in the water, but he is always so good it should have come as no surprise that he absolutely loved it. We were the only ones signed up for the class so we were able to get a private lesson! We blew bubbles, practiced getting out of the water, sang songs, threw around a ball and had to swim to get it, splashed around a little... Overall it was a major success! The instructor tried talking Hayden into getting in with us (since there was no one else there she needed to help) but he was being shy, and was perfectly content just watching and cheering us on!
After the lesson I was praising Payson. Saying that he did such a great job, and that I was so proud of him, etc. etc. And then Hayden looks up at me with those puppy dog eyes that gets me every time. And says "Mom will you be so proud of me if I do swimming lessons too?" He has been telling me for the last few weeks how he REALLY doesn't want to do swimming lessons, so it kinda touched me that he wants me to be proud of him bad enough that he is willing to do something that he is really scared of. So sweet, and kinda heartbreaking. Right.
Hayden I am always so proud of you!
But yes you still have to do the lessons.

2 comments:

Julee said...

Hayden you are too cute!! I love the story of him wanting you to be proud of him. :) It just made me smile. :) And how lucky Payson was the only one so you got private lessons!! LUCKY!!! lol

nikki said...

It was fun seeing you on your swimming day. Did you know that I didn't even see Hayden at first but then I heard his little voice say "Hi Carter!" and I knew him right away!