Monday, May 18, 2009

Saturday




We finally made it out to the lake this last weekend. If we hadn't I think Shawn would have never forgiven me...I made him work on the backyard last weekend. -Hehehe! We met Shawn's brother and nephews out there. It was a beautiful day for being out doors, it felt like returning home, I had forgotten how beautiful it is.
Hayden was a little nervous about jumping in the water, he is still convinced there are sharks...if he only knew what was really down there-trust me you don't want to know! But I am sure next time he will be jumping in with the rest of the kids.
We skipped rocks,-James is the King of skipping rocks. True talent I can't skip a rock if my life depended on it!
The boys all wake boarded and all did great. Just like riding a bike you never forget.
We fed the ducks, who followed us around, they must have been starving- which Hayden was very pleased about
The kids played in the water, climbing up the tower and then jumped into the water catching a football.
I hid in the front of the boat and read a book (The Mortal Instruments, which is highly addictive), while getting a tan.
It just doesn't get any better than this.

5 comments:

nikki said...

Ah...what a lovely description to a lovely day. I like the visual of the boys and the football off the tower. So fun!! What is this addictive book?

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

What a fun Saturday. I feel a little green with envy. Maybe someday we will live somewhere warm enough to go boating!

Sarah said...

Sounds like Heaven!

Lynnette said...

It sounds awesome! Someday we'll have to get a boat and spend Saturdays at the lake! Greg is counting on it!

Unknown said...

Ash- What's in the water?!? I'm with Hayden monster man!