Monday, August 11, 2008

Third Grade

This is Ethan with his cousin, in the middle, and I have no idea who this other kid is?? He just wanted to be in the picture. I couldn't deny him:)
Ethan and Dustin posing for the camera. He is such a ham sometimes. Where did he get that from??
My Ethan started third grade today. (I can't believe I have a third grader. Geesh, how'd that happen??) He has been nervous all summer long, because it's a new school, and all that. But when we went to open house last week to meet his new teacher we found out that his two really good friends (from church and the neighborhood) are in his class as well as his cousin Dustin, and to top it off he has the teacher that I wanted, so to say the least we were thrilled. His Grandma took him school shopping and bought him all of his studly clothes. He has been wanting this hat forever, ever since he saw his cool older cousin, Noah, wearing one. He's declared that he is going to wear it everyday.
This morning as I was making his lunch he asked me not to write him a love note. I asked him why (trying to pretend not to be crushed) and he told me its embarrassing. Is he already supposed to be to cool for his Mommy?? And then when we got to his school, as soon as he saw his friends, he ditched me, I didn't even get a kiss good bye, not a even a wave. Oh well tomorrow I will have to remember to get my love'n in before we leave the house, because apparently that's okay, as long as there are no witnesses.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Eric and Sierra said...

Wow your school started early!! Malakai is starting Kindergarden on the 18th and Jonas will be going to a preschool too. Eric wants to grow Kai's hair like the cousin in the picture by Ethan, he kind of looks like him... Are you guys doing a preschool this year? Miss you guys

nikki said...

Ethan cracks me up - so studly in his hat!! I'm glad his new school is going to work out great.

Yeah, don't feel bad - my kids aren't down with the PDA either. I can get away with a hug but that's about it. I steal my kisses at home before we leave! :)

Richard said...

Ashley, that was a great post! So my baby has a third grader??? double-geesh! And, sorry to tell you this, but third-grade guys ARE just too cool for all that PDA stuff with mom. He is sooo not a kindergartener any more. But, luckily for you, you've got another one in the wings. Enjoy!

Alicia said...

That hat is ridiculously awesome! Love it!