Friday, August 8, 2008

Jane Eyre

I am sure you have noticed that I like to read, a lot. I will read almost any fiction novel I can get my hands on, and almost always enjoy it. I read just because its what I like to do. Is there any thing else to do?? I can't come up with anything. So anyway, I haven't had a favorite book, until now. I have lots that I like and would recommend but none that I absolutely love whole heartily, until now. Maybe a month ago Shawn and I watched Maybe, Definitely (a good movie, BTW) and it mentions this book a few times, so then I was curious about the book. I was a little worried about starting it because I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but then I would have to finish it (because that's what I do? I have to finish it, or it hangs over my head, I do this with everything, I am a little obsessive that way...anyway, that's a whole other blog in itself). But I was wrong, I loved the book. I couldn't put it down. I didn't think a book from the 1800's could have romance and passion, but it did, and I loved the heroine. I now understand why the father in the movie had given it to the girl. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Now that I think that I've let go of my 1800's stereo typing I am going to start reading the Jane Austen books. Does anyone have a favorite Austen book, I know you do, I think I am the only that hasn't read her, yet.

1 comment:

Cortney Clegg said...

I LOVE Austen- try Emma or Pride and Prejudice!