Friday, August 15, 2008

The big FOUR

Hayden playing at dinner with his new toys. He was so excited, he's been asking for these toys since Christmas.

Hayden brought cupcakes for his friends at preschool.
Hayden turned four yesterday. We had been talking about it so much, that when the day finally came, he was over it. He just wanted his presents. We went to Chili's for dinner, just so they could sing to him. Overall it was a pretty quiet Birthday. It just felt weird and wrong to have a big party when my family wouldn't be there for it (and to appreciate all the work)? Last year my Mom came and brought my nieces and nephew, but this year it was just going to be us. So I decided less is more. All Hayden requested was cake and presents. So that's what he got. Next year I promise to go all out and have a huge bash!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

nikki said...

Don't feel guilty - all Carter wanted for his third birthday was cake! At least Hayden wanted some loot!! I only feel guilty when I see other people's big ole party's. It looked like he had a great day! Happy Birthday Hayden!

Unknown said...

Hayden's smile is priceless! Pure joy. Happy Birthday!

Richard said...

Ok. I'm visiting Amberly's blog and see Hayden at the circus. Very cool. Then I visit your site and, wow, presto change-o, Hayden is celebrating his birthday with his family. Is this some kind of magic act, now you see him/now you don't??? Someone needs to do some 'splainin' Lucy...

Other than that, you gave him exactly what he wanted for his b-day, presents and singing waiters -how can it get any better than that? (Well, short of all of us being there to enjoy it with him!)

Eric and Sierra said...

Happy birthday Hayden. Well Malakai just turned 5 and had to have a pirate party, so if your want some ideas for a pirate party
I posted the pics. I was hoping all the hard work would through me into labor oh well.

Julee said...

Happy late Birthday Hayden!! I can't believe that cutie is already 4!!!! :)