Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we went to Paso Robles. Its a tradition we've had for years. It's so great, we absolutely love it there. How do you know I am telling the truth...cause we drove 11 hours, with two kids, in Shawn's cramped truck, with no CD player, and no DVD player. That's how you know. I love my aunts house, its so beautiful, and always filled with laughter, love and...cats. I came home itching to buy a cat, maybe I will go look tomorrow, hmmm. Anyways. Dinner was amazing, I ate so much it hurt! But it was so worth it. The kids kind of ran wild the whole time (sorry aunt Dale), they rode bikes outside, played Lego's and games inside. Their favorite is being able to run between my Aunts house and my Grammy's house. I think it makes them feel older, or more mature because they can be outside all by themselves. See that's the thing that's so great about it there, they live out in the middle of nowhere, on a million acres. And oh, it is so gorgeous. Its wine country, with rolling hills, green pastures, and if your lucky you can spot a deer. Well, actually, even if your not lucky you'll still spot one cause they are everywhere. Thanks so much for letting us come and take over your house, and eat all your food! We love guys a ton.

3 comments:

Burk Family said...

Sounds fun...not the trip there but it's amazing how quickly you forget the bad trip when you get there(like labor, huh??)
I like the new blog look. I need to update mine. I'm so stinking busy- is there enough hours in the day? Blogging has definitely taken the backseat in this crazy ride called life. How the heck are you??

nikki said...

I love that area too! So lucky to spend Thanksgiving with your fam! Sounds like you had a great time!

Cortney Clegg said...

I LOVED looking at all your pictures- looks like you guys have such a fun family! :)