Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decking the Halls

I love snowflakes. I have these everywhere. I really wanted to recreate the dinning room from the movie The Elf, with all the snowflakes and white paper chains hanging. I loved that. But man, these snowflakes were more time consuming then I thought possible. But we'll see, I still have time!

My Christmas tree is looking a little sad. It needs more ornaments. Hmmm...Time to dig out those silver balls, maybe that would help!

So the last two years I haven't really decorated for Christmas...because we had just moved. Yes both times. So I was so excited to pull out my boxes. It was fun seeing everything again. Each decoration has a memory with it. My favorite ones this year were my red glitter bird ornaments that I bought after the holiday last year with my Mom, yes another one of our shopping excursions.

On December 1st we set up the tree, ate home made chicken noodle soup, and watched The Nativity. It is such a good movie, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!

I am trying really hard to enjoy the Christmas season. It just gets so dang rushed. And with all the concerns, such as what to get Grandma, or is it going to get here in time? and its so crowded everywhere. But nope not this year we are just going to enjoy it. No way getting around all the craziness, at least I havent figured out how (let me know if you have!) so why not embrace it! It is a beautiful time of year, so many oportunities to talk about what we believe in with the kids, and enjoy the family, and lets not forget an excuse for baking!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

nikki said...

Your house looks great and super festive! I don't think your tree looks sad at all!! I am also trying to enjoy it this year too - no way to avoid the crazy - just dive in! Gotta love the baking - I even let the kids help with cookies this week. See, I'm enjoying the crazy!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

ohh ya those cookies Jake brought last night looked yummy! You are an awesome baker! Won't you share your baking secrets!

Lynnette said...

It looks great! You'll have to teach me how to make those awesome snowflakes.

Sarah said...

I am so impressed with your snowflakes!! Very talented. I need to get a little white table like yours (the one with the garland)- It always looks so cute! I love Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Boo and I like your snow flakes too!!