Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wednesday's


So what's my favorite day of the month you ask?? Well let me tell you...It's wednesday, and not just any wednesday...Maybe once a month after picking up Payson at therapy in Pardise Valley I go to Scottsdale, my little piece of Heaven, called the Keirland Common's. (I think thats what its called). But it is the best outdoor mall in the world, I promise you, you will not be disapointed. It has all my favorite stores, a couple really nice cafe's that are way to expensive to eat at, but smells intoxicating just walking past. And during the summer months they have a huge fountain that kids actually wear their bathing suits and run through.
First we go to Barnes and Noble, because nothing else is open yet. We stay there as long as possible, Hayden likes to play with the Thomas train, and then they have story time (hence the reason for wednesday). I swear I spend way to much money at the book store, but I can't help it I love that place. I am building my library, it's for a good cause. I have a membership there if anyone wants to use it, it's under my home phone. And they said it was okay for family to use it. Then I go to my absolute favorite store Anthropology. A store which I usually don't spend to much money at, because everything is too expensive anyway. But (shhhh) last time I was there I did pick out a few tops. What? I have a few special occasions coming up, I needed it! And then last time I was there I discovered they have a Smith and Hawken store. This is another beautiful store, if you haven't heard of it they sell stuff like pots and plants, and gorgeous garden decorations. Target has a Smith and Hawken line, which usually has some pretty amazing things, for a more reasonable price. Which brings me to the picture that I posted, I know your probably looking at it thinking what does this have to do with anything, and the answer is...nothing. I just saw them at Smith and Hawken and loved them, I had to buy them, it's my colors: brown and aqua or a light teal/ or robins egg (I don't know). Anyways I am not sure what I will do with them, maybe a shadow box frame??? Or on a shelf, I don't know stay tuned, I'll figure out something. This makes me miss my "dixie drive" bathroom, remember it?? It was painted this similar color (a paint chip from restoration hardware), maybe I will have to paint my guest bathroom that color too.
The Kierland Common's also has Crate and Barrel, Z gallery and Restoration Hardware, among many other fabulous stores, that are fabulously expensive. So you can imagine the pure bliss I always feel when I visit my piece of heaven. I always leave feeling rejuvenated, and inspired, and a little depressed since I cant buy everything, but it's worth it. Then the kids usually take a nap when we get home, because they are exhausted from all of the happy making! Oh how I love my Wednesday's.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Burk Family said...

I think that they are super cute. I'm glad you like Wednesday's. Mine are always filled with piano lessons and mostly boring. I love shopping (when the kids are good. If they aren't, it's a nightmare). Thanks for the tips on target shopping. I'll try that next time. Carter loves popcorn so he'd be happy. Now what to do with the baby???

nikki said...

See, more confirmation on why we're friends! Someone who loves Kierland Commons as much as me. Hoorary for Anthropologie, Crate and Barrel, Z Gallerie, Barnes and Noble and more! I haven't been there in forever but me and Patrick like to eat at P.F. Chang's and then walk around after for a date. I like your eggs and such. I'm sure you'll do something super cute with them!

Eric and Sierra said...

I will never see any bird home-decor and not think of you!! I love reading through your blog you are so positive in everything, I love that about you.
Jonas has been missing Hayden a ton lately. Everytime the doorbell rings he goes "Hayden Here?"

Eric and Sierra said...

OK , Eric was looking through your blog at all your old posts and ran into the one with our picture and thoughtful note you wrote. That made me feel so loved. Thank you for always letting us feel welcome at your house and for watching the boys for me when I needed a break. We will definatly meet you wherever- whenever you are in Cali.

Unknown said...

You are a brave woman ash. I am with the burk family on the whole target popcorn short cut. :) Just don't forget the slurpee for 20ish more cents!