Friday, March 14, 2008

Dying Eggs




Happy Easter! Yesterday we had the Mosby's over for a little Easter fun! I just needed an excuse to order pizza...I love Barro's. The eggs turned out great, I went for a glitter kit this year. And will never do that again, I had glitter all over the floor, and myself. Everything was sparckally (sorry I can't spell, it's too late, can someone tell me how to do spell check on this thing?). The boy's played...who knows what, the Dad's played the fusball table, they had a score to settle, and the girls were in the kitchen (where we belong right, honey?) We talked mostly about books. Jamey is an avid reader, I think she reads more than me. When they know you by name at Barnes and Noble, that means you go there too much, or does that make you really really cool? I am going with the latter. I wish they knew my name. Call me next time you go Jamey, I will meet you there! It was so fun to see them. Ever since they switched wards we never see them. (Can you guys come back?) But I am going to change that, I love them. And the kids get so excited when they come, they adore them.

So yesterday I was the biggest dork, if I couldn't laugh at myself, then yesterday would have been a bad day. First I went to Wallmart, and forgot half of my groceries there. I hate how they have that spining bagger thing, one more reason not to shop there. Then I forgot to give my message (that I prepared) at my visiting teaching ladies houses. Then when I got to Ethan's school to pick him up, I remembered that I left the stove on, on the power boil, and I paniced. I was still early to his school, so I turned around and ran home to turn it off. Then when I got back it was to late, he was already sitting in the office waiting for me. Sorry Ethan, I promised I'd never do it again. Then I went to Wallmart to pick up my groceries that I left. Can you believe that they didn't put the frozen stuff back in the freezer, they just let it melt and go bad. But they let me get new packages. The lady gave me a funny look when she said "this is half your stuff on your receipt honey, you must have been in a hurry". To which I replied, "Um yes, thank you, and I am an idiot, thanks for pointing that out too".
Oh well, I was in a hurry all day. But it did me no good. So today I decided to take it nice and slow....And yes I forgot to pick up Ethan again. No JK I didn't forget, I just didn't realize how late it was. So he had to sit in the office and wait for me again. I am losing my marbles, if you didn't already know. Which I am sure you've all figured out already. You all still love me right, or is that why you love me?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

nikki said...

Cute post! I'm glad you can laugh at yourself when crazy days happen - I'm not quite as good at doing that! I tend to get really mad! :) I like hearing that other have days like that too, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. I had a crush on Atreyu too. I'm glad Ethan had fun, he's a really fun kid. They need to play more. Do you guys want to come to the park for a BBQ after Jake's baptism? We're going to Copper Basin park.

Fun to see the Mosby's. I miss them - I want them to come back too.

Julee said...

How fun!! You are making me in the Easter mood!! We all love the Mosby's...we should all get together and do something. It seems like we haven't seen them in forever!! By the way, I was laughing when I read that you love Keirland Common's!! I love that place too but haven't been in forever, probably because I always feel like I have to get All Decked Out to go (because of all of the fancy people like you!!! lol) and when does that happen lately???? lol It doesn't!! I love reading your blog!! I think you are the cutest blogger I have ever seen!!!

Burk Family said...

Ooh, I'm not the only commenter anymore. How intimidating!
I loved this post because it sounded exactly like yours truly. I have days where I'm really losing and it forget everything and get all flustered. I hate those days. It's hard to pull it together once you get going on one.

Anonymous said...

oh ash you're so so so oh so cute! i miss hearing about your day! you're so fun-- and funny!
(does this make up for being a defunct big sis yet?)