Friday, November 14, 2008

A new tradition




The Veteran's Parade was amazing. (Maybe just because I didn't have anything to compare it to?) But I actually had a lump in my throat the whole time. It was so moving to see how involved the community was, and of course all the cute old (and there were some young ones too) veterans waving all proudly. I am so proud to be an American, and I know for the most part I take this for granted, but its days like these that I feel it through and through. After 9/11 there was a commercial on TV, where it showed a row of houses, and then it showed that same row of houses after 9/11, and each one had the American flag hung. It was about how terrorism didn't break us, it only made us stronger.
It was so funny one of the floats had a bunch of scouts and they were all chanting USA. And Hayden leans over to me and says "hey they are singing a letter song!" I guess we need to have a little chat about that! We are definitely making this a new tradition.

4 comments:

Julee said...

That is so funny you have a picture of all the people on unicicles(however you spell it??)...my friend came down from Mesa to watch the parade with me, and her Hubby was riding one!!! lol

Julee said...

Oh and YES I LOVED the parade too...definatley a new tradition for us too!!! :)

Sarah said...

I love the parade pictures! I felt patriotic just reading the post. I'm sad we missed the parade this year -I'll need to be sure to be here for it next year!

nikki said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with a lump in her throat the whole time. I loved the cute veteran's and our cute scouts!