Friday, November 14, 2008

Family






My Mom came out to visit a couple weeks ago for Halloween. We had such a great time. On Saturday just my Mom and I went shopping to hit all the Halloween sales, and to Paradise Bakery for lunch. It was so great. She put everything she kinda liked in her basket, because its a little crazy, there are so many people, we are all shoulder to shoulder practically, so if you want it you grab it! Then after both our carts were full, she went through all her stuff, and put back like more than half the stuff! She's so funny to shop with.
While we were spending all our money, the boys went dirt bike riding, and then we all went out to the lake. Can we pack any more into this day?? Yes, how about a fabulous dinner, stir fry, all fresh, and delicious. Yea, that's how we show our guests a good time. We wear them out, feed them, and then send them packing.
On Sunday my mom and I made a lemon meringue pie! You see she only eats sugar once a week, can you believe that? So she wanted something extra good, so we went through my dessert cook books and decided on this. I love anything with meringue! With the left over pie crust she showed my boys one of her traditions that she had with her Mom, you cover the dough with cinnamon and suger then roll it up. So good. See the pic of Hayden eating the sugar with a spoon! Yuck. And then we also made a mini Thanksgiving dinner since we wont be together for the holiday. It was a great, and busy weekend!

5 comments:

Julee said...

I just love family!! Good job to your mom for only 1 sugar a week!! Holy Cow!!! I think I would die!!! j/k But really, that's awesome!!

Sarah said...

I'm with you - I love anything with meringue on it! Hayden looks too cool in his riding outfit!! I bet he's quite the little rider!

Cara said...

How adorable are you with your pie?! It sounds like you guys had fun.

nikki said...

Yummy pie - great family! I like hearing stories about you and your mom - it reminds me of mine! :)

Cortney Clegg said...

Moms' are so great...they make everything feel so happy and home-y. Props to her for the no sugar thing- my body would go into shock (which probably means I should kick the habit too!) :)