Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy bodies




So what did I do yesterday? Umm pretty much nothing. What did I do today...pretty much anything, and everything. I would like to know why everything has to happen all at once. Its kinda like when you go shopping, and no one is at the cash register than when your ready to check out, so is everyone else and their Mama! Kay anyways.
Today we went on a field trip with Hayden's preschool group. First we went to Cerreta's chocolate factory, and they gave us a tour. It was mildly interesting. Best part: they gave us a ton of samples!! And they even let the kids fill up chocolate moulds, and they had each one make bacon and eggs. It was cute, it was stick pretzels, which were the bacon, with white chocolate poured on top, the egg whites, then two yellow M&Ms on top of that to be the yolk. Yumm, the kids loved it. Then after that we went to Pratt's Feed, which is a pet store. They gave us a tour there as well. They let the kids feed the goats, and pet ducks. The guy even fed a mouse to a snake. It was one of the most disgusting things ever. If you've never seen a snake squeeze the life out of a mouse, and then see him open his giant mouth around the lifeless thing, with its innards all hanging out...you are not missing out. Trust me. I thought I had been missing out, but no, that was something I could have lived with out seeing. I thought for sure that it would upset Hayden, and I kept waiting for him to turn to me with tears glistening in his eyes to ask why the mean old snake had to do that, but oh no. All the boys were shouting with excitement, Go snake, kill him!! And they had this giant turtle, that the kids got a kick out of. Anyway this place was really cool, and I totally recommend checking it out. After that we went out to lunch. Hayden has such a fun group of boys that he has been able to become friends with, and on top of that all the Moms are awesome too.
Next Ethan had scouts. We did it at the firehouse so that the kids could practice lowering and raising the flag, its one of the things they need to pass off. Then the firemen gave us a tour of the firehouse. AND then we walked across the street for ice cream at Sonic.
Man oh man, it was such a long day.
BUT A GREAT DAY, maybe even the BEST day ever! I love my boys, and I am so grateful I can be with them, to have all these crazy adventures!

Sorry no pictures of the snakes, I forgot my camera. But aren't those scouts so handsome! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

You are good for already having these pictures posted! They are good looking scouts. I'm really disappointed I missed the snake thing, though. Sounds pretty cool!! (or not. . . )

Cara said...

Ashley, I totally feel you about all the busyness at once thing. And by the way I love your scouts uniform.

Unknown said...

The snake thing is funny because Eric and the boys had snakes before we moved to AZ and that was the funnest part of their week was to feed the snake ...I never was a fan.

Julee said...

You are such a good mommy!!! Ewe, I don't think I could have swallowed watching the snake eat the mouse!!! lol I just love your positive outlook on mommy-hood!!! You are such a great example to me!! :)

Eric and Sierra said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!! I love looking at your blog, the boys were looking at the pictures of Hayden yesterday and remembering AZ. How's preschool going?