Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall

Yea!! I am so excited for FALL. Its my absolute favorite time of year. -Maybe someday I will actually live somewhere where the leaves actually turn autumn colors and fall off the tree. But until then I will just pretend! I've been dying all month to get out my Halloween decorations, but decided I had to wait until October 1. But I am not sure I can wait that long. Today at the grocery store they had some beautiful white and orange pumpkins...I couldn't resist. I am one of those people that (if my husband would let me) would paint all my walls orange and black, okay not really, but I love the thought of it!
Oh how I love you fall, let me count the ways:
I love fall colors, I love how they make you feel all cozy, and you just want to curl up on the couch and watch old movies and eat pop corn. I just want to Drink hot cocoa, (or herbal tea for me!) and eat homemade mac and cheese or soup (oh, how I love soup!) I love sweaters, and socks, and warm fuzzy blankets. I love Charlie Brown's pumpkin patch movie! And can you smell the apple pie? MMMmmm.
Does anyone else love Fall as much as me?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

grew up in Jersey where fall is where it is. Often would go to the Poconos to see the colors. Love it!

Cortney Clegg said...

I have decided that Fall is my favorite season- I love the way it makes me feel..I love that you can feel EVERYTHING changing. The weather, the trees, new school year, all the fun holidays around the corner...I even love that it gets a little darker too! My favorite fall book: A Separate Peace by John Knowles. (fall..prep schools in WW2...only slightly depressing!)

nikki said...

Cutest blog background ever!! I'm loving it. I would like everything painted orange in my house, maybe not so much black. :) I've found that I love fall for back to school, yummy food and especially the holidays! But I'm weird - I love the Arizona weather where it doesn't get cold! And I don't really care about the leaves...

Richard said...

thank you for "Falling" all over your blog, ashley. my first real Fall was on my mission, on Hokkaido, the northern-most island of Japan (think New England). it had been a beautiful summer. the elder's quarters backed up against a small mountain, covered in green foliage in the summer. then, one morning, as we opened the curtains, the mountain, seemingly overnight, had turned all oranges and yellows and reds.

for a southern California kid, it was mesmerizing. of course, it wasn't long before the snow started, turning the land -and that mountain- into a winter wonderland. seasons. what a foreign concept to those of us raised out here.

Burk Family said...

Yes! A trip to Oak Glen usually sets the mood for me. I have to wait until the weather cools off, though. I can't get in the "fall spirit" until its colder. I'm like you. I have to make myself wait to put up the decorations. I like to do that on a chilly day while I bake some pumpkin bread. I love fall!!

Our Little Family said...

I am loving fall this year, especially since we are in Utah now and the leaves are changing colors!! I am loving the cold mornings, the kids, not so much. I clicked on your blog and found the exact background that I just put on mine. Fun!

Sarah said...

I love fall too! It is a little crazy not to have the fall leaves though. Last year we wanted to do leaf rubbings with paper and crayons, and we couldn't find any leaves! But I love the AZ fall weather; even though it starts late it lasts a long time.

Lynnette said...

I love your new background! And, I echo your sentiments about Fall! I am really missing it right now that it is still 103!!