Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trouble Maker

Hayden wins the prize folks. That kid has me wrapped around his finger....and he knows it. (I am doomed). All day today, right before the wrath of Mom was ready to be unleashed on him, he would look up at me (totally sincerely, and seriously) he would say "Mom you're pretty". The first time he said it, I didn't believe he'd said what I heard, where does he come up with this stuff, he didn't learn that from his Dad. So what do I do, I totally melt. I pick him up and give him hugs and kisses until I forget what the pain in the neck thing he did. Until he does it again, like two minutes later.
We just started our second session of swimming lessons. Hayden is in level II now, yea!! They meet in the deep end, what is he supposed to do tread water the whole time? Ya right. Yesterday he went to class just fine, he was so excited about the promotion, but today, not so much. The whole way there he tried to convince me that he was sick, he kept saying "I need a bowl, I am going to throw up". How did he know I am a sucker for that excuse, could you imagine how humiliating that would be. As it turned out, we didn't make it in time (the Dr. apt ran over) so he was off the hook today, but tomorrow, oh no, he will not be so lucky.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Burk Family said...

Getting Carter to swimming lessons was the same way. He pretended to be sick (I think he actually did feel sick once I told him it was time to go) and he would put himself in timeout. I'm glad that is over with but he's only been out two weeks and is already regressing. What a stinker. When are you coming out here again???

Julee said...

That is the cutest picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julee said...

Don't you just love how sweet these little kids are? When Brooklynn says sweet things it just melts my heart!!! They make life so wonderful!!!