Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Dream Home



Is this what you imagined my dream home to be? I have always had a love affair with this house. My house. It is in Old Town Temecula, right next to Rosa's Cantina. It's just this tiny yellow house, that must be ancient. But I love it. Maybe that's why I love it, because of all the stories that it must hold. I can remember going inside once with my Mom when it was a boutique of some sort, at the time I didn't fully appreciate it, the creaks in every step, and the tiny rooms. I was so excited when we were in California a couple of weeks ago, when I saw that it was for sale. But then my sister pointed out that you can't live in it, it has to be another store?? I wonder if a Bed and Breakfast would count? I am sure it would get a ton of business, it's close enough to all the wineries, and Old Town is historical, and beautiful in itself. Old Town has an amazing farmers market every Saturday, and often they put on a little cowboy show, with a little mock fight with guns, they hold a classic car show there every year. I love old town, it is so quaint, and familiar, it holds so many of my memories, it feels like home. Shawn said no, he said "isn't three houses enough?"...No, it's not. Someday little yellow house you will be mine, and I will take care of you forever.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That would be the perfect B and B! Just give Shawn while, he'll start seeing the dollar signs and he will come around. :) You would be the perfect hostess. You do understand though that you would have to move back to California to run it!

nikki said...

So cute! I can see why you love it! Why does Shawn have to be so mean? A fourth house would be perfect!

Burk Family said...

I think it's charming! You need it. If you want, I'll be your tenant for a while :)