Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July 2012

Fourth of July in Anthem, always comes on the third of July. Why? We are still trying to figure that one out. This year we decided to check out the firework show at Lake Pleasant, which was also on the third. It was so fun. Shawn's parents got a camping site and stayed there two nights so we were able to meet up with them there. They had music playing, lots of food vendors, and big blow up slides for the big and little kids, there was dancing and of course a big fireworks show. Grandma and Poppa had the perfect site for watching. Shawn, Libby, Hayden and Kristian sat up on top of the RV to watch the show. I decided to sit on the ground in case I needed to catch Libby; I might have been a little worried about Libby up there. We all know that girl never sits still! We were originally going to take the boat out to watch the fireworks, but it was windy. Big bummer. But it was still so fun. Tonight we are going to have pizza with Grandma and Poppa and cousins, and set off our own fire crackers and sparklers!

I also used the holiday as an excuse to whip up a little "peace dress" for Libby. Every girl needs a party dress!! She loved that I was making her a dress, and actually let me work on it uninterrupted for over an hour!

Happy Fourth of July!!

2 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

That dress is ADORABLE! Happy 4th of July!!!

Cara said...

Love this family! And I love the pinwheel banner and the adorable dress! Pretty much I love it all!