Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Crafty Week

We made a trip to the Lego store.
Card games.
Potty Training.
Quilting and a new party.
These are all pictures from instagram. So in love with instagram lately! If you want to follow me on instagram, my name is ashleyelizabethhancock. Do you instagram? 

This week I was feeling a little inspired to craft. I bought coordinating fabric for my office, forever ago, to make a quilt. But that was maybe two years ago, and it has been on my to do list for that long! Yes, I know. I can be the queen of procrastination sometimes! This was the week I was determined to check it off my list. I choose to do a very simple strip quilt, which honestly, can we really even call it quilting? Probably not. But it is done, so who cares! My other craft inspiration is a new party for my shop. I have a few parties I am working on. The first is a butterfly party. Then I am going to get started on a Halloween party, as well as a black cat party. They will all coordinate, which makes it easier/cheaper for me to make. I am excited, I think this butterfly party is going to be really fun. I love the black and white chevron, with the gold and bright colors!! More pictures to come!

We also decided to start potty training. Libby has really sensitive skin and gets really bad diaper rashes, therefore spends a lot of time, when we are home, diaper-less, (Au natural). So we decided to make it official and she has been doing awesome. The easiest of the three. Hayden was really easy too, but Libby is a champ.

This week has been stormy! Gray clouds, windy, rainy. Love it. Ethan has taken advantage of it being slightly cooler (like 97) and went to the skate park with cousin Noah. This stormy weather makes me want to curl up read....but I have kids, that want to be entertained (so inconvenient!) so we've spent a lot of time playing cards. I taught the boys how to play speed, one of my favorite card games. And Ethan taught us how to play crazy eights. Its been so fun. When the kids get bored they start to rough house so I've been trying to come up with new things to do to redirect their competitive and aggressive behaviors. Some days are really long! Not going to lie! But we are having fun together coming up with new things to do.

What are your favorite things to do at home??

2 comments:

shannyn said...

love the quilt. such cute fabric!!

Paige said...

Oh my word that quilt! Um I maybe can think of my next project now :)