Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Project Completed

 Ethan has been at scout camp all week! I am so happy he will be back tomorrow. This picture is of him getting ready to leave Monday morning at 4:45. He was so excited. I was so sad! But I didn't cry!
This last weekend Shawn came home from work with the materials to build another built in bookcase, as well as frame out a niche. Our home has tons of these weird little niches. I wasn't really sure what to do with them because they really limit what I can hang on the wall. So I figured we would put some moulding around them to make them more pretty. It is a little more work then slapping up some moulding though. To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to it when Shawn announced his plan for doing it. But how could I discourage him from completing something off the "Honey do list". That would be blasphemy! Our deal is that he installs and I sand and finish. Pretty good deal. I am very happy with the project. It makes the niche look more finished, and I love the white against the dark blue. Three down, only two more to go! You can see the last two to be completed in the bottom picture of Ethan. Although it might be awhile. And I am okay with that! These took me three nap times!

2 comments:

Paige said...

I love that Shawn is so handy and you are so creative! I can't wait to see it all finished with the fancy wallpaper and all!

jamie heaps said...

so jelouse of your hubbyshandy skills, and that blue color of yours!