Wednesday, December 28, 2011

MeRry CHristMaS

Brunch at Dad and Nancy's
 The Nativity
Hayden would only be Joseph if Maddie was Mary. Smart boy, she is a looker!
 Hayden opening his present. An xbox.
Amb and I waited in line for over two hours for that baby on black Friday.
 Libby loves her dolly.
 Do you think Ethan likes his present? A 3ds. Hmmm maybe a little. I'll have to try harder next year.
 Christmas morning pull apart, a must for Shawn.
 A Christmas dinner.
 Cousins. Ethan, Maddie, Becca.
This was the best Christmas. I might say that every year, but its true, it just keeps getting better. We usually stay home for Christmas, and have family visit us. But my Mom invited us to spend Christmas with her. My Mom and Darryl have been renovating their house for the last year. Their goal was to have the ultimate grand kids house that is both beautiful and worry free for the kids. Their house turned out more gorgeous then imagined, it is warm, inviting, and comfortable. And childproof! It was such a treat to be able to spend Christmas with my family, and have all the cousins together! It was so festive.

We had brunch at my Dad and Nancy's home on Christmas Eve. And the kids got to open their first (of many) presents. Shawn and Aaron loved their gifts, a headlight, and immediately put them. The boys each got a paper guitar, and rocked out for us, it was quite the show. Christmas Eve we spent at my Mom's and Taryn's family came over for dessert and to reenact the Nativity. The costumes were fabulous.

Christmas day the boys woke up at 5:30 and started to open up presents in their stockings, until I put the kibosh on that and sent them back to bed! At a a more reasonable hour we opened our presents. Libby loved opening her presents, and even opened a few that were not for her, oppse! It was lovely having Christmas on Sunday. How appropriate that we go to church to hear a special message and sing Christmas songs on this special day to remind us of the real reason we are celebrating Christmas. I loved it. After church my Mom and I spent the afternoon in the kitchen preparing dinner. Both of my sisters and my Grandpa Wilson came over for dinner and to open gifts from Lovey and Grandpa, and cousins. It was such a wonderful day. I loved being with everyone. It was a perfect weekend.

The best Christmas present was that my Mom kept my kids! Shawn and I have the rest of the week to ourselves, oh what to do! I miss them, but a little break has been blissful!

No comments: