Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011







I know I may have mentioned this before, but I love Halloween. I love the season it falls in, I love the flavors, and scents, I love that it is all about children playing make believe, I love that it is about our neighbors pulling together and actually going outside and talking with each other, I love that October isn't over scheduled like December always is, I love that the decorations are more about being fun, then about being beautiful and with all these things together that there is less pressure in the holiday. It is just meant to be fun, and to be a kid again.

We had a great Halloween. Our morning started off with Hayden receiving the principals award and cookies! Then Libby and I had story time at our local library, while story time is my favorite thing, Libby hasn't figured out that it is hers too, but I am working on that! We had a fun black dress Halloween luncheon with the girls, at Jamie's. When the boys got home we got busy on carving our pumpkins, they both wanted cannibal pumpkins after seeing one on Martha Stewart. Then for the main event of the day we had the Dent family over for pizza and trick or treating. Our older two decided to ditch us and went off on their candy hunt alone. This was Libby's first real trick or treating experience and she loved it. She carried her little pumpkin bucket and clicked her shoes from house to house. She loved all the ohhs and ahhs she got for being so cute, but of course she loved the candy the most. Each new piece of candy went straight into her mouth, wrapper and all. She munched on it until she made it to the next house where she would drop the candy into her bucket and get ready for the next piece. She had it down. It was so cute, Shawn and I were in heaven watching her. She is hysterical. Hayden had a blast with his best friend Ryan, and CJ. Between the two boys we have way to much candy. So all in all I think the day was success!

I hope you had a great Halloween too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So glad Shawn made it back for the big day it sounds like it was a night well worth the drive! And I'm so glad you love story time because it just wouldn't be the same without you and Libby, and I know she was the cutest thing out there Halloween night!