Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful hearts


I saw this thankful tree on pinterest, and saved it in my files for inspiration. I thought this would be a perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving everyday for the month of November. At dinner we talk about things that we are thankful for and write one thing on a leaf and hang it on the tree. On my tree I cut out leaf shapes, but after I started cutting I quickly wished I would have stayed with the original idea of just punching out the circles. I think it gives the same look, and it would have been way faster! Oh well, next year. Here is my tree, I think it will look better at the end of the month when it has more thankful leafs:


2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great idea and so nice to get to use those fabulous branches that Shawn got for you. Maybe I can get James to do some pruning I just love it! I also just put up last years "be thankful" banner and I love it!! What are we going to do next?? Christmas is just aournd the corner.

Jer and Cam said...

Oh how adorable and you are so lucky you already had the branches in that cute vase! I really need to get me one of those thankful trees! If you are missing a few branches from your yard, it wasn't me, promise.