Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sick Kids


 

Hayden and Ethan both woke up sick last Thursday with the stomach flu. They both felt better on Friday, but still stayed home from school to rest up. Then Hayden woke up yesterday sick again, and he is still not feeling great. I must admit that I have enjoyed having them home with me. We have been mostly just relaxing watching cartoons, reading books and playing board games. I love having them to myself, and I think that even though they don't feel great they think its kind of a special thing to stay home on a school day.

I have been taking advantage of being home bound and finished my book wreath. I am pleased with the way it turned out, but it took FOREVER to complete. Why did I choose the big wreath form? I made this wreath following the tutorial on the Under the Table and Dreaming blog, you can find it here. I am also working on a Halloween banner. I am so excited to get out the Halloween decoration box this weekend. I love fall. I just wish it felt more like fall here. It is getting dark earlier, so I know cool weather is coming...in like a month or two.

Saturday Ethan, AKA my little babysitter, watched Libby for me while I attended our Super Saturday craft day at church. I was a little worried about him since I usually just have him watch her while she sleeps, but he did amazing. I came home to find him pushing Libbs around on the office chair, and he had made her bracelets and necklaces out of paper clips. She loved it, and wore them all day. It was such a joy to come home to happy faces, and giggling sounds. Libby adores Ethan, and will often even choose him over me! He can be more sympathetic to her fake cry, and insistent need to be held all day. It makes me so happy that they love each other so much. With a ten year age difference I worry about them staying this close forever, but honestly I think she will cherish these memories forever. I am so grateful for my Ethan, he is so wonderful. How did I get so lucky?

4 comments:

Richard said...

That's a great post Ashley. Sorry the kids were sick, but with so much fun to be had at home, I'd wanna be sick every day, at least at your house. And, it is great to see the bonding with big brother. Remember, Dale and I are exactly 10 years apart, and we've had a close bond that lasted into late adulthood. Its very cool. Give Ethan a big hug from Papa Rick for being such a good brother. Love you

Sarah said...

Your wreath was well worth the effort - it is the cutest thing! And what an awsome babysitter - I remember Libby reaching out to him while they were over. I'm sorry the kiddos are sick, but I agree its kinda nice to have them home and all cuddly and to have an excuse to be home bound yourself and get things done:).

Unknown said...

LOVE the wreath Ash! I love Ethan! I think he and Becca are the perfect age for baby siblings. Becca is the same way with Elle. I don't know what I would do with out her. I love you! Keep the posts coming!

Denise said...

Your wreath is SO cute! It is fabulous! You always find the best ideas. You are a lucky lady for sure--what a great kid!