Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recycling


One tired baby. Its way past your bedtime!

We have been really excited about recycling lately. I have been saving up our cans for the past 6ish months, needless to say, we had quite a few bags (what? I like my soda!). I found this cash for cans drop center that is 24 hours, so we piled all the bags into the car, which left little room for any little bodies!, and after pizza we headed over. But it was a huge disappointment. I thought for sure we would make around 20 dollars. But apparently not so in Arizona. They only paid like 30 cents a pound! What a rip off, right? I felt so jilted! So wronged! If I had known this I would have saved our cans for a trip to Cali, and smuggled them across the border, where they pay 5 cents a can, if I am not mistaken? Oh well the kids thought it was fun, the highlight of the evening! We took our 5 bucks and bought fudge sundaes at McDonald's. I ate my tears away, and fudge sundaes does have a way with making everything better (if you did not know)!
The moral of the story: recycle (in Califirnia) and eat fudge sundaes!

3 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

haha! that's funny. If they really want people to recycle more they should start paying more. And I LOVE the new family picture- so cute!

JaMie HeApS said...

i like to hear you thinking of smuggeling it:) glad you topped it off with a treat.

Denise said...

I'll take the advice on the fudge sundaes! You may have only made $5, but think of the fun memories you have made with your boys! I'd love to see you on a trip to CA with your car loaded down with bags of cans... hee hee hee! :-) I love the new family pic too!