Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tinsel Town


i know its a little early to be getting ready for christmas. i am sure that by the time it actually rolls around i will be so ready for it to just be over. kinda like how i feel about all the holidays. its just so fun to decorate though, i cant help myself. this year i am hosting a progressive dinner for a bunch of women in early december and since we will be gone the two weekends before, i feel totally justified to start setting up the tree even before thanksgiving.

i've always wanted to make a little christmas village like this one. i just made it out of milk cartons that i have been saving for the past several months. and then put twinkle lights inside. super easy. it was fun to be a little creative, its my stress outlet.

i am making advent calendars this year for family gifts, for my family. i want to put in all the holiday traditions, like looking at lights, reading polar express and drinking hot cocoa, and building a gingerbread house. on some days i think i will just put in chocolates, i am sure some days will be to busy for an extra thing to do. but i need a few more ideas. whats your favorite holiday tradition?

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

You are so cute! I wish I had your creativity! It looks awesome!

Burk Family said...

Here are my ideas...kiss under the mistletoe, do a random act of kindness for someone, rock around the Christmas tree, read about Jesus' birth in Luke, make a popcorn string. Hope that helps. Sounds like a cute idea!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you made those awsome Christmas houses, well I guess I can you are pretty amazing when it come to decorating and creativity!

My favorite tradition...We have a book of short Christmas stories and starting in December we read one each night (and sing a Chirstmas carol) until Christmas. It really brings the Christmas spirit. It's just a spiral notebook with photocopied stories that my mom put together we can make you a copy if you want!

Cortney Clegg said...

Hey Ashley! Such a cute little "tinsel town"! :) I say it's NEVER too early to decorate for Christmas.
Growing up, my family always decorated our christmas tree while dancing to Manheim Steamroller- hahaa!

As far as adding more pics to your post, after you've added your 5, hit the "add pictures" button again and it SHOULD let you add another 5 (or more, depending on how many times you do it.) Sometimes the screen seems to freeze mid-save before I can another 5 pics, so you have to post & then go back in to edit the post & then add more pictures again, the same way you do it every time.

Wow. That was long and slightly incoherent. Sorry! :) call if you have questions...(623) 256-2801.

JaMie HeApS said...

look at you go... this prego thing isnt slowing you down a bit. i love it, and its making me all the more excited to see your ordanment at the party... you better be coming:)