Monday, January 26, 2009

Valence in boys room: DONE


Valence in boys room: DONE! Next project!
Turned out pretty well! I've made this type of valence a few times. And every time I think: Next time I will use Velcro to attach it to the wood valence. But then when it comes down to it stapling is always so much easier, but I wonder if Velcro would make the top smoother? I don't know? I know I made these way more complicated then needs be, because I added a different fabric inside the pleats, ugh so much more measuring and matching up, yuck! But overall I am very pleased! I want to make a valence in the office next, but I think I may have scarred Shawn, he didn't want to help, the big bugger! But this project takes four hands! Oh well.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

nikki said...

They turned out awesome! I need a tutorial!

Unknown said...

They are awesome! Incredible! I love the dots-too fun.

Richard said...

Yay Ashley! Looks great! I hope the boys appreciate how much work their mom went to, to make their room look so cool. Love you, dad
PS: The Valentine's Day decorations are wonderful too. You are your mother's daughter!

Julee said...

Wow!!! Ashley you are amazing!!! I need some lessons!!!!!!