Monday, January 26, 2009

Love is in the air!



Some of my fondest memories growing up are of the holidays. My Mom had a way of making all the holidays feel special. She always made a special dinner, such as a traditional Irish dinner for St Patrick's Day, or all red things for Valentine's Day, even red 7up (that was the best!). But she always decorated for each holiday, even the smaller holidays. So I think that is why I feel its so important to me, and so FUN to decorate for the holidays too! The fabric red heart my Mom made I think at church or an FHE group, and was passed on to me! (Oh! and notice my new dessert plates! I wish I would have bought more!) Then I put up this festive heart garland. I made these candy cane hearts from left over, you guessed it, Christmas candy! You just bake them in the oven on low for a few minutes and viola! Happy Holidays!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

nikki said...

You're so cute!! Can you come do my house too?!

Sarah said...

This is one of my Resolutions this year. After ever holiday (I started Halloween) I am headed to WalMart to start a collection of decorations - then in another year I'll be set. I haven't really gotten into it yet, and I think my girls are missing out. Your house looks soo CUTE (always:)!