Monday, January 19, 2009

Room Redo


So I have big plans for 2009! I can just feel it, this is going to be a good year!
One of my resolutions for 2009 is to pull out my dusty sewing machine and put it to some use. I have a few projects in mind, but the first and foremost is to sew curtains for the boys room. They have these really tall arched windows, that aren't covered at the top, and that let in a ton of heat. So I've been wanting to cover them for ummm the last year. So make some curtains no big deal right? Ya right, not for me. Because making curtains for this room means picking a new theme, which means trying to find something that both boys will like...for a long time! After a few weeks of searching and searching I found the perfect fabric, its a Henry Alexander out of print fabric called "Peace". So now I can just sew the curtains, right! No way. I have to paint first, so a day and a half of painting, I'm ready to get to work now on sewing. I am trying to come up with other things that I have to do just to put off sewing, cause I am little nervous. Oh ya did I mention I am going to sew matching duvet covers too? Ugh, what was I thinking. Maybe I will just call my lady and see how much she'll do it for? But that would probably take away from my resolution huh? The paint turned out pretty good, look at how straight my lines came out. The lighting was too bright in the picture so you cant really tell, it's a light grey on top and a very red on bottom, with a black chalkboard. I was feeling pretty good about my handy work! maybe I can sew something up...we'll see. I will post pictures when I am done, if I am ever done!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Richard said...

Asher, you are sooo industrious! "Well begun is half done!" It looks great, and yes, you do get credit for it, even if you enlist a litte help. love you

nikki said...

Totally love the paint and I have got to see this fabric! I've been like you except I need to paint and sew. I'm too nervous to get started!! Your painting inspired me - any tips? And maybe we can work on some window treatments together...

Lynnette said...

You're so good! My kids' rooms are not really decorated at all. I just haven't had the money or creativity to do anything with them. You are inspiring! It looks great!

Jer and Cam said...

It was so fun to run into you today!
The boys room looks so cool. Talk about talent! I'm sensing some RS mid-week activities in your future....how about "Home Decor with Ashley"? So cute!