Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Best Weekend Ever

My Mom and Step Dad, and Amberly and her family and dont forget Becca Boo, all came out this weekend to celebrate Ethan's birthday. It was so nice of them to come out even though they were only able to stay for a short time. I loved having them here and was plotting ways of making them stay longer. Slashing tires, locking the doors, kicking and screaming? But summer is right around the corner and we will be making a trip out there soon. It was fun packed weekend, as always. Ethan had a flag football game, there was a fun shopping trip to target, lots of eating, late night conversations and laughing, lots of jumping on the tramp, a walk to the park. And the highlight of the trip (next to Ethan getting the preisthood, who can compete with that?) was going to the movies. Ethan, Shawn and I (and even becca on one car trip) read the Hunger Games together. We have been waiting for over a year for the movie, ever since we found out the movie rights had been sold. And we were not disapointed. It was so good! And to make it even more of a perfect night we ate at Chipotle, Yummy!


 For Ethan's Birthday I wanted to make a banner that was more boyish and less fussy then my normal. So for this banner I used washi tape, a SMASH pad of paper, and just used clothes pins to attach to a ribbon. It was the easiest banner ever. Using more washi tape I put up several pictures of Ethan over this last year.

 My adoreable nephew Radley, ating yummy banana chocolate chip pancakes...made by Amberly. Yum!
 I put these two ladies to work cooking and baking! We had lots of hungry tummies to feed!
 Amberly made Libby the cutest birthday box. Inside the box is a list of questions that we will ansewr every year on her birthday to see how much she changes and grows over the year. I love the idea. She also gave her the cutest little pair of yellow shoes. I want some in my size!
The girls made a trip out to Target. My happy place! Yes Libby is entertaining herself with soda and popcorn. What? Dont judge me! JK!

Taryn and family we missed you...Next time you have to make the trek out here!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What an amazing weekend! Im so glad you got to soak up some quality family time. It looks like you packed in the fun. I just love your mom and sister...I know I dont know them too well, but they are so sweet and make me feel like I do! Congrats to Ethan as well!!