Sunday, September 9, 2012

Baptism Weekend


The baptism weekend was fantastic. Amberly, Aaron, Ethan Thomas, Radley and Annie as well as my Mom and Darryl came out for all the festivities! It was so great to have them. And good thing we all like each other because it was a full house. Poor Aaron was sicker then a dog the whole time, but still made it to the baptism. Shawn's parents and brother, Eric, joined us for the service. After the baptism we went to Pei Wei for lunch, and took over their restaurant. Libby ate her weight in fortune cookies, and the boys had fun with the touch screen soda machine. (Yikes! Is that my son? No couldn't be!)I think the owner might have been happy to see us go! 

Sunday after church we were all enjoying our dinner while Libby and Radley played outside. They wanted to play and we wanted a peaceful dinner, so good deal, right? But after hearing shrieks and giggles we find them running through the sprinklers, in the church clothes! They were having a ball, but I think our plan for a peaceful dinner backfired on us! Libby loves her cousin Radley and adores baby Annie too.

It was a great weekend. I am so grateful Hayden made the choice to get baptized. Shawn asked Hayden why he wanted to get baptized, and he said "because I want to be like Jesus." I am grateful for his sweet spirit, and his obedience to our Heavenly Father.

I am so proud of you, and love you so much Hayden!

2 comments:

Paige said...

I know you are the hostess with the mostess, so I'm sure it was a great weekend had by all!

jamie heaps said...

i bet teh pei wei alone made it the BEST BAPTISM EVER!!! so rpoud of you hayden thats awesome!