Sunday, August 26, 2012

Let's Glow Birthday Party

Make a wish Hayden! (Colored flame candles.)
Freeze tag. The boys each had several glow sticks. The "it" person had to wear a glow mask!
Glow in the dark Bowling
The boys catching frogs. Yes, we have tons of frogs right now.

Hayden's Birthday Party was Friday night. And can I say I am so glad birthday's are only once a year! Phew! Hayden had a great time with his friends. Hayden was very grateful, and must have said thank you a hundred times! It was very sweet. A few highlights of the evening were freeze tag, an Easter egg hunt with glow bracelets inside, glowing bowling and football. I wanted to make glow in the dark slime but I didn't have any takers, they just wanted to wrestle and play football! Oh boys will be boys! This party was fun.

If I were to do it again I would definitely find a big black light, because it wasn't dark enough to see everything glow. All I could find was a scorpion hunting black light, which is tiny! So plan ahead and order online. The Easter egg hunt was so cool, but you have to have the larger eggs to fit the bracelets inside. It took me forever to squeeze them into the regular eggs. I couldn't get a good picture to show the eggs glowing because of the flash on my camera so you just have to trust me-its a must do! Also next time I would start decorating a lot earlier because the glow bracelets last a really long time so its OK to light them up early. And my last piece of advice would be two and a half hours is way to long! Two hours would have been plenty!! What was I thinking!

3 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

Looks like the party of all parties! What a cool idea!

Sarah said...

Wow!! I love it! It looks like so much fun. Love how Hayden is so grateful. And look at Libby all grown up and beautiful!

JaMie HeApS said...

my kids thought it was the BEST PARTY EVER!!!! thx for having em!