Friday, April 1, 2011

Arrow of Light



Ethan earned his Arrow of Light last week, which is the final award for cub scouts. It is really important to me that he earns his eagle scout, and I felt like if we did not make earning his Arrow of Light important too, then we would be missing out on the scouting journey. He was proud of himself for accomplishing this award. He worked hard on earning all of his beads, badges, pins and belt loops, and I believe he (we!) learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way in scouts. I am really glad we stuck with it and did not give up.

Now that Ethan is eleven he is officially a boy scout, and he is excited to be one!

Only what? 7 more years of scouting! Yippee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job Ethan!

Richard said...

WAY TO GO ETHAN! We are soooo proud of you. Now you know what you have to do to become an Eagle Scout. (you can get advice from cousin Darrell) -but don't wait till you're almost 18 to do it; make Eagle before 16, I know you can. I'm also proud of your mom and dad, for supporting you in this achievement. Can you say Scoutmaster Shawn?