Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh Baby!



Look there really is a baby in there!

I know I haven't blogged in like forever! This is actually the first time I have even spent any amount of time on the computer. The computer is my enemy...it just wants stuff from me. I have been super sick, but don't worry I am sure I will feel better in a few weeks, my fingers are crossed!
Last week I went to the doctor and got to see the baby and hear its tiny heart beat! I was so excited. I can't believe I got to see the baby so soon! According to the ultra sound I am 9 1/2 weeks, so I am due on March 21!
After the first two weeks of being sick Ethan started to get worried that he would be having frozen dinners every night for the next year. And well I couldn't really reassure him otherwise...whats wrong with frozen dinners? Hayden told me my baby is really small, and asked why I wasn't fat yet...We quickly had a little talk about how pregnant women are not fat, they just get a bigger belly as the baby grows. Last week Shawn asked if I had a pooch yet. Can someone please tell my husband that under no circumstance do we ever call a belly a pooch, even if there is a pooch we just dont call it that! It's a baby, not a pooch. And anyways, for crying out loud I am only 9 weeks, there is no pooch! Geesh! My family is giving me a complex.
Anyway I am super excited, and can hardly wait. I can also hardly wait for it to cool off here, but oh well, only soon enough I suppose.

7 comments:

Lynnette said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you, and hope you are feeling better soon. I will have to bring you guys something other than a frozen dinner! I'm glad that all seems to be going well. Hip, hip, hooray for Spring babies!

Sarah said...

Love that first ultra sound and heart beat! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Cortney Clegg said...

I love ultrasound pics! Sorry to hear you're feeling so blah...the first trimester is nearly over! I have a feeling you are gonna make one cute pregnant lady- belly and all! :)

nikki said...

I know I can't wait to see your pregnant belly (not pooch) when it gets bigger. Sorry that your family is giving you a complex - a house full of boys will do that to you.

Too bad about the frozen dinners - I'll have to help you out with that. My family survived on eggs Patrick made for 9 months when I was pregnant with Carter.

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

I am so excited for you! You are such a great mom!

Kayli said...

CONGRATS ASHLEY!! I am so excited for you and Shawn! I hope you have a girl! You are so awesome with all the crafts and artistic stuff i've seen you do with the boys, I bet you would be great for a daughter! either way, you will be great, but I think that would even it out a lil'
love you, wish you the best!
Kayli

Melissa Coonce, CEO said...

heard the awesome news...i cried when they told me steven was a boy, that's how bad i wanted a baby girl...congrats!!! hope you start feeling better soon!