Thursday, April 30, 2009

A little one on one time


The site of these race cars piled so high, made Hayden squeal with delight!
This contraption is very cool. You put scarfs or balls into the openings and it sucks it in and pushes it through the pipes and then forces the item back out down the line. It's kinda awesome. I am not gonna lie, I helped Hayden squeeze to the front of the line so we could watch it over and over!
Posted by Picasa
Several months ago I was talking to my sister on the phone telling her how quiet life is, and how I didn't really have that much going on. She told me to enjoy it, because it never lasts. I can't tell you how badly I wish that she was wrong, but unfortunately she never is. (Don't let that go to your head Taryn!)
Life has been a whirlwind lately. I've been swept up, and it hasn't let go of me yet. Sometimes being busy is a good thing, but always being busy is never a good thing. But its life, you can either enjoy it or be miserable. Right?
Helen Keller said it best, "Life is either a soaring adventure or nothing".
So last week while waiting for an appointment, I decided (reluctantly) to take Hayden to the Children's Museum. He has been begging me every time we are close to it, and I would always say next week. But I wanted him to know that the most important thing to me in this world is him, and this was one small way to show him. We had a good time and to my surprise the place was actually empty, I couldn't believe it. That place is usually crawling with kids. In the art room, which is always my favorite, they were making kites. And he rode bikes, which is his favorite. It was a great adventure! Thanks Hayden for being patient with Mommy!

2 comments:

nikki said...

Great post - I love what you had to say. So glad you stopped and enjoyed one of those moments and had some one on one with your little man!

Unknown said...

You are so sweet Ash! Thank you for having such a selective memory about me! I love you!