Thursday, January 19, 2012

A BiRthdaY PReSent






Last year for my Birthday I asked Shawn to build me a built in bookshelf. He is so handy, I just wanted to give him an opportunity to put his great talent to use... Well he didn't like the idea and he bought me something instead. (boo hoo) But with my Birthday coming up next month he knew I'd be making the same request. It is all I want! So I am not sure if he built it to make up for last year, or if it was an early present, but either way I am so in love with it! He and Ethan whipped it up together, and I painted it. I think it turned out great. I am still working on accessorizing it, and I will probably change it several more times until I get it just right.

To go with my bookshelf I had to make a new banner, actually, I made it for my sister Amb, but I had to hang it up to make sure it looked okay before I mailed it off to her, and I almost kept it for myself. I love Valentines Day.

7 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

now that is a birthday present!!! i love that, it looks so you!! im impressed shawn!

shannyn said...

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it in person

Richard said...

Hey Cutie Pie, that is the most amazing thing!!! And I love that Shawn is passing this skill on to the next generation. Let them know I think it is truly professional in scope and quality. Wow!

Love your sense of humor, making the Valentine's present for Ammers, and thinking for a second to keep it.

How's subbing? Miss you all. Papa

Sarah said...

Wow! Wow! A great book case and great skills paintng, decorating, and banner making :) Where is it? I need to come by and check it out.

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

Love it all! Especially how you accessorized it! I wish I had such a great "eye" for decorating! You and your husband (and son) are very talented!

Gates & Tausha said...

cute blog, AWESOME birthday present! i love it...kinda jealous! lol...i love your deco skills. :)

Lynnette said...

I lvoe it! You are lucky to have such a handy husband! Oh, and happy birthday!