Thursday, August 18, 2011

A celebration for a beautiful new baby

So this may be old news. But I still wanted to share, my sister had a beautiful baby girl back in June. I was lucky enough to be there to welcome her into the world. It is always such an amazing experience to witness this special miracle. Although I am glad I was on the other side this time, whew! Amberly did an amazing job, and made it look like a piece of cake. But anyhow my Mom and I wanted to throw a baby celebration party for Analea. Amberly wanted it to be all about Analea, so we had the party soon after they got home to give her close friends a chance to all come over at once to see her.
It was a book themed party. We invited everyone to bring their favorite children's story, and included in the in invite a bookplate to inscribe why this is their favorite book. I found everything online at Martha Stewart. I didn't have to come up anything, I just copied everything she had, gotta love that Martha Stewart. But it turned out beautiful, if I do say so myself! I was pretty pleased, but it helps that Amberly has such an amazing house to begin with (as you can see). Since I live so far I did everything at home and brought it all out with me, so that when I got there I could spend as much time as possible with my sis, and niece. It was such a special week, and am so grateful that I could be there to bond with them. I love you Amb, I love you Analea.

1 comment:

amb said...

what a wonderfully sweet post! thank you so much for all of your hard work and love! you are way too good to me and i love you so much! annie and i thank you forever and ever for taking such good care of us and for throwing an amazingly gorgeous 'coming out' party! love you!!