Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas In a Nutshell


Christmas Morning.
Hayden shows Lovey what Santa brought in his stocking!

Ethan was so excited about this present! He really wanted it! They have been having nerf wars everyday since! I am finding those bullets everywhere!
Shawn got a gun too, but his is not an inside toy...its a BB gun. He was very excited too!

Shawn is always taking random pictures of my belly. Not me, just my tummy. He is a little obessed with it. Its sweet, I am glad he likes it, because I hate it!

The tree. Every year I always worry if the boys are getting enough presents. But then come Christmas morning there is always way too many presents. The kids have their favorites and then after that it just feels like a waste. They both still have toys that are still in the packaging! Can you believe that? So then I always say I wont buy as much the next year, and I swear I didn't buy as much this year.

Ethan writes a letter to Santa! He and Lovey made Lego cookies!

Christmas Dinner

This was the year of building toys! Lots of Legos, a huge marble maze toy, that was a nightmare to put together.

The boys in their Christmas clothes.

This is Hayden at his school program.
A blurry picture of a Christmas party.

Christmas was great this year. It felt very relaxed. We were able to just enjoy each other this season. My Mom and step Dad came to visit for Christmas week, and it was so fun having them. Thanks Mom for doing all my laundry! You two are the best! We love you!
I hope you all had a great Christmas too!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

next year will your mom do my laundry too? ;)

nikki said...

Such a nice Christmas! Jake got that crazy gun too! Maybe he needs bring it tomorrow?

Cortney Clegg said...

Your house was decorated so cute for Christmas! Aren't parents the best? And I am with Shawn- I think your belly is simply adorable. :)

Denise said...

Looks like a fun time--I'm so glad you were able to relax and enjoy the season! We always feel the same way--is there enough? Then on Christmas morning we are sure we overdid it! Spoiled kids, spoiled parents huh!? :-)

Richard said...

those were great posts, Ashley. I am soooo grateful that you take the time to do this for those of us more geographically challenged. Looked like you had a wonderful Christmas, and I am so glad you went out for your Anniversary (Ruths is a very special restaurant!). How can it be possible that my baby has been married for ten years, and is having her third child. Where does the time go? Miss you all tons! and tons! (and you are especially cute when you have your 'baby bump'.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful Christmas! Our girls got cap guns lots of noise but tons of fun. So glad it was relaxing and fun!

Kayli said...

I'm a bit late I know...the story about your anniversary it soo cute!! I am so proud of you two for growing and maturing together and creating a beautiful family. I got married pretty young too, so I hate when people say the reason they got divorced is that they were "just too young." that's a cop out!!

Shawn taking pics of your belly is very sweet too!! I am so happy for you. you look great as always.
lots of love, kayli

JaMie HeApS said...

looks like they scored no worries there... love the belly shots good work shawn and you cant beat ruth chris love there steacks happy 10th

Julee said...

What a fun Christmas!! ;) And I LOVE the belly picture that Sean took! lol That is too cute! You need to post another before the little princess arrives!!! How are you feeling?
P.S. I love the anniversary post too! lol I just haven't been blogging in forever! :)