Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sparklers



When I was young (feels like a million years ago) my Mom would buy sparklers for us for... I don't know it must have been 4th of July, or was it New Years? Any how I was mesmerized by them. I loved how they gave off the most beautiful glow, and sparks (of course), and didn't they crackle? But then one year they stopped selling them because firworks became illegal in the area, or something like that? You could go outside the county or south an hour to Mexico and sometimes find them on a corner being sold by a guy that would knock on your window offering fireworks. It made them even more intriguing, right? I am just saying!
Anyhow when I saw these chocolate dipped pretzels, childhood memories of dark warm nights dancing around bare foot with my sisters and a sparkler in hand, came flooding back to me. Don't they look like sparklers? So we had to make them. No choice. For the love of being a kid I guess.
I just melted the chocolate chips in a bowl in the micro, for 30 seconds at a time, on 50% power, stir and repeat until the chocolate is smooth, then let the kids dip the pretzel rods in chocolate, and sprinkle a little bit of red white and blue love'n on top. So easy! A little messy, but the kids were more than happy to clean it all up for me!

6 comments:

Melissa Coonce, CEO said...

it looks like you have been having a very fun filled summer so far. and yes i remember sparklers and so do miss them, maybe we'll look for them in mexico this week-end. your such an awesome mom for making life " a little messy". thanks for keeping us in the loop of your family!

Julee said...

I am so in love with Smarklers too!! Brings back all of the memories! My dad used to buy them in NM or something and bring them home for us since you can't buy them in AZ. I may have to make those!!! lol :) You are way too cute!!!

amb said...

ummm... is there anything you DON'T do?? you're amazing, ash! wish i were more like you in So many ways!!

Hillary Richards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hillary Richards said...

You are so crafty and adorable! I can't wait to try your cool slushy drink recipe. It's been near 100 degrees this week, sounds like the perfect time.

Sarah said...

Chocolate and pretzles one of my very favorite combos!!