Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Veteran's Day Parade





I always love the parade. Ethan was able to be in the parade again with the other eleven year old scouts, and cub scouts. I know its a lot of work for the scout leaders to pull together their float, and I usually have to drag Shawn there. But for me its all worth it. I love it. I am so proud to be an American, and I think that sometimes that sounds cliched but its true. Watching all the older men that have fought, and the younger men that maybe just returned, and the high school ROTC, its touching that all these people care so much that they are not only willing to risk their lives for our country, but to live their lives every day for our country. I am so deeply grateful for them and their sacrifice. The parade is just one small way to celebrate them, because truly they deserve more then that.
Hayden and Libby enjoyed the parade too. There were the unicycles, always Shawn's favorite, camels, and horses, marching bands, cheer squads, cool old school cars, and so much more.

1 comment:

Richard said...

God bless America, and God bless you Ashley. I am so darned proud of you. I finally took off of work to go the Veteran's Day Celebration that Nancy helped put on for the City of Canyon Lake. I too was overwhelmed with pride for the veterans, young and old, as well as for those who didn't make it home.

You know I didn't serve in Vietnam because of my mission and then the student deferment that ran out just as the war was over. I can't think about that war without thinking about my good friend who gave his life serving our country. I am so proud of him, giving the ultimate sacrifice, and yes, sometimes, guilty that I wasn't there beside him.

Your grandpa Crosby served at the very end of World War II. His service to his country, and to to world was different: he was part of America's gift to Japan, to re-build it, from the ravages of war, inspite of the fact that they started the war in the Pacific by bombing an unsuspecting Pearl Harbor. God bless my father too!

Love you lots Ashley. You and Shawn are doing a great job!